Palo Alto Vineyard Church currently has the following position open.
The Associate Pastor position is a part-time position (20 hours per week) responsible for helping to lead and shepherd the church. The Associate Pastor will participate as a member of the staff team to vision and strategically plan for the future of the church and develop disciples for the Kingdom of God.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following
- Strategically plan and oversee development within our adult ministries, including equipping and empowering leaders.
- Lead the pastoral care team, those responsible for shepherding lay leaders in the church.
- Serve as a member of the preaching team.
- Be available for crisis intervention and special events that call for a pastor.
- Recruit, train and support adult volunteers.
- At least 5 to 7 years solid pastoral experience overseeing lay leadership within the church context. Previous church staff or internship experience preferred.
- Solid preaching skills, experience preaching in front of a congregation.
- Experienced not only in training and leading within the church but also in pastoral care ministry.
- Well-rounded biblical knowledge and spiritual gifting to lead and teach in a way that is personally relevant and compelling.
- Ability to lead independently but also work well on a team.
- Strong management skills. Ability to mentor, give direction, and provide helpful and constructive feedback to other leaders.
- Ability to partner with pastors and other staff to accomplish overall church vision.
- Ability to manage and pastor people through interpersonal conflicts with wisdom and grace.
- Passionate about reaching the Silicon Valley/Bay Area. An understanding of the uniqueness of this area and genuine compassion for the people that live in it.
- Experiential knowledge of the Association of Vineyard Churches, its core values and ministry philosophy. As a member of the staff team, you will need to show that you are in agreement with its theology and practice.
- Ability to clearly communicate the gospel message and disciple new believers.
To apply, please send resume and cover letter to .