Palo Alto Vineyard Church currently has the following position open.
The Director of Children’s Ministries position is a part-time position (25 hours per week) responsible for leading our children’s program. The Children’s Director will also participate as a member of the staff team to vision and strategically plan for the future of the church and develop disciples for Jesus.
- Strategically plan and oversee children’s ministry program for ages ranging from infancy through fifth grade, aligning it with our church’s mission and values.
- Lead and oversee implementation of children’s worship, teaching, and other children’s activities throughout the year.
- Provide support for children’s program and child-care to accompany church-wide events, such as Sunday morning services, church-wide retreats and trainings.
- Recruit, train and support adult volunteers - conduct appropriate background checks and implement safety procedures.
- Organize and lead core team and children’s ministry coordinators.
- Proactively communicate and work with parents in a way that encourages partnership and involvement.
- Foster a culture that is intentionally intergenerational and multicultural, with a focus on leading children toward a thriving relationship with God.
- Development and oversight of the children’s ministry budget.
- Manage purchasing, storage, and organization of children’s ministry materials and supplies. We are a church-in-a-box type of church, and therefore a strong effort to manage storage and supplies is very important.
- Previous pastoral experience or significant lay leadership experience within children’s ministries is required. Clear calling to pastor and teach children, with experience and references to support it.
- Seminary/Bible college degree in Children’s Ministry is not required, but it is a definite plus.
- Spiritual and natural gifting to lead and teach children in a way that is relevant and compelling to children today, with special importance in the ability to communicate the gospel message, to contextualize Biblical concepts, and the ability to train other adult volunteers to do the same.
- Able to lead independently but also work well on a team.
- Able to partner with pastors and other staff to accomplish overall church vision.
- Passionate about reaching the Silicon Valley/Bay Area’s children and their families. An understanding of the uniqueness of this area and genuine compassion for the children that live in it.
- Experience in children’s ministries that have a focus on outreach.
- Strong organizational skills, detail-oriented, and the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Spiritual maturity: broad knowledge of the scriptures, an active prayer life, and an understanding and experience of the ministry of the Holy Spirit.
- Experiential knowledge of the Association of Vineyard Churches, it’s core values and ministry philosophy. As a member of the staff team, you will need to show that you are in agreement with its theology and practice.
To apply, please send resume and cover letter to .