Director of Children's and Missions Ministries
The Director of Children’s Ministries and Missions is a full-time position (40 hours per week) responsible for leading our children’s program and our missions department. This person will also participate as a member of the staff team to vision and strategically plan for the future of the church and develop disciples for Jesus.
Primary Responsibilities in Missions:
- Serve as a member and leader (or co-leader) of the Missions Board
- Serve as the liaison between the Missions Board and the staff team/congregation
- Create structures by which to activate the congregation in service and ministry to people outside of our church
- Activate children, youth and adults to love and serve people who are not yet a part of a church or the Kingdom of God
Primary Responsibilities in Children’s Ministries:
- Strategically plan and oversee children’s ministry program for ages ranging from infancy through fifth grade, aligning it with our church’s mission and values.
- Manage all the aspects of a children's program operation - registration, curriculum, schedule, materials, facilities, database, budget, volunteers/paid staff.
- Manage Reducing the Risk training for CM leaders twice a year
- Recruit, train and support adult volunteers - conduct appropriate background checks and implement safety procedures.
- Connect with parents to encourage them into our vision for raising up children in the gospel of Jesus Christ.
- Foster a culture that is intentionally intergenerational and multicultural, with a focus on leading families and children toward a thriving relationship with God.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Previous pastoral experience or significant lay leadership experience is required.
- Able to lead independently but also work well on a team.
- Strong organizational skills, detail-oriented, and the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Spiritual maturity: broad knowledge of the scriptures, an active prayer life, and an understanding and experience of the ministry of the Holy Spirit.
- Experiential knowledge of the Association of Vineyard Churches, it’s core values and ministry philosophy. As a member of the staff team, you will need to show that you are in agreement with its theology and practice.
For inquiries, please send an email to